Sometimes it happens that you forget the password or pattern to your account or phone especially when you change it due to any reason. Factory reset is an option to reset or unlock your password and phone and to recover data in case you have checked your backup option. The apps can be reinstalled via Google Play Store.
There are ways to reset password to your phone without losing data out of which are:
Unlocking Android Device
If your Android Device is linked with your Google Account, you can simply reset the password through your Google Account.
Resetting Password through Google
If your device is accessed by the wrong password or pattern for many times, you will get the option of Forget my Password or Forget Pattern will appear on your lock screen but it depends on your security setting of the device. Then you can restore access to your Android Tab or Phones. Here are some ways to get the option of forgetting your password/pattern:
- Keep on trying wrong patterns/password until you will get forgot my password/pattern option.
- Tapping on the option Forgot my password will lead you to the Account Unlock page.
- Enter your Google Account details to your device for recovery access.
Sometimes it may happen that your Android device will not accept the correct details of your account in this case you can use Google step 2 i.e. Verification for restore accessing your Android device (phone or tab)
Verification 2-step for Android Device
It protects your device additionally to Google Account. If 2-step Verification is allowed, then a code is required which is received by voice call or by text message whenever your account is accessed additional to password and username.
Allow 2-step Verification for your Google Account
After allowing it to have to reverse access permission to Android phone through Google Account and reauthorize it. If it is enabled, it would be easy to access your device.
Revoke Permission to Android Device
- Go to Account Permission on web browser under Google Account.
- Select your device you want to reset
- Click Revoke Access Button on the right side and click Ok for confirmation.
- Go to App Password page. Google Account may be required.
- Select Relevant option or Other at the bottom
- Click Generate Password. A password with 16 digits will appear on screen
- On your Android Device, tap Forgot Password/ Pattern
- In Account Unlock page, enter 16 digit passwords with Google Account.
Resetting Password when Google Account is not accessed
If you forgot your Google Account password too, through Account Recovery, you could reset your Google Account password. Through answering the question related to your account may also verify identity like recent emails, contacts, other information, last password, etc. If your Google Account is accessed by the web browser, then you are easily able to reset your Android Device (phones/tabs) through the same procedure that is written above.